Monday, September 23, 2013

Momma Comes to LA

After receiving some not so hot news from the doctor, my mom flew cross country to spend the week with me in Los Angeles. Since award season has officially arrived I didn't get to see her nearly as much as I would have liked, but we did get to do some pretty great stuff! Here's a recap of our week:

IMG_0357We started with lunch at The Warehouse in Marina del Rey on SaturdayIMG_0359
We were both decked out in our South Carolina gear of course! GO COCKS! IMG_0398On Sunday we decided to wake up early and hike Beachwood Canyon
IMG_0395

Almost to the top! IMG_0372
We finally made it!IMG_0378IMG_0380
This group was so motivating the whole way up. Then decided to have an additional work out ...
IMG_0384IMG_0376
Momma and I just posed at the top. No push up's for us!
IMG_0403
After our hike we went to The Emmys Creative Arts Awards IMG_0402
Followed by The Emmys Creative Arts Ball
IMG_0406
My mother looked simply fabulous in her Ralph Lauren dress and Ivanka Trump Flats
IMG_0422IMG_0415IMG_0414
Mom got a kick out of all these people standing here to block the red carpet
IMG_0428
She also felt like a movie star while everyone watched the red carpet from afar with their camerasIMG_0459
At the Creative Arts Awards by the Emmy Statue
7
Later in the week we met up with my cousin Austin at The Grove for dinner
8
Mom hadn't seen Austin in ages and since he just moved to LA to work at the Conan O'Brien show it was the perfect opportunity for them to catch up!


Unfortunately the week my mom was here I was completely swamped with work (thank you Emmy awards!) and didn't get to spend nearly the amount of time with her as I wanted to. I won't see her again until Thanksgiving, but work is picking up so I know the time is going to fly by!

No comments :

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!