Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Guest Blog: Lauren from Style Elixir

Hello gorgeous readers of Life's a Party, Dress Like It! I'm Lauren, the creator and editor of Style Elixir, a fashion, beauty, fitness and lifestyle blog. I am thrilled to be here today while the fabulous Paige is living it up in New York, I thought it was such a great story that her boyfriend won a trip from being on The Price is Right!


So along that same theme, I thought I'd share with you some of my favorite beauty products, which have a price tag that's just right! Over the years, I've tried many different brands and products - some expensive but amazing (Cle de Peau Concealer, I'm referring to you!) and some that are still fabulous, yet less than half the price. On quite a few occasions, I have discovered the less expensive brands when it's been a makeup emergency and I can't get to a proper department store (yes, they do exist! When it's Friday night and you're leaving for a weekend away on Saturday morning and whilst packing your foundation, realize you actually have none left. Now that is a code red).


On the weekend, I faced a primer situation. The bottle is colored, so you can't see inside and after one teeny tiny pump, there was no more to be had. I know you may be thinking a primer is no big deal, but once you've used one, it's hard to go without! So I went to the local store in search of something (anything!)... and actually struck gold. Inspired by this, I thought I'd share some of my fave makeup finds for babes on a budget...


 photo MakeupMustHavesBabeonaBudgetLorealMaybellineFacePowderPrimerMascaraLipstickBronzer_zps135807b2.jpg

PRIMER: L'Oreal Magic Lumi Primer. This luminous fluid goes on so light and dries quickly, forming a fantastically smooth base for makeup. The light-reflecting solution imbues a 'lit from within' look that I simply adore and I found it helped my makeup stay put over the course of a long ten hour day at the office.


MASCARA: Maybelline Volum' Express Colossal Mascara. I am such a fan of this mascara! I've tried many others, including premium collections like DiorShow Black Out, but always seem to go back to this one. Not only is it a great price, but the brush and fluid are fabulous too. I find it's easy to apply, doesn't clump and lasts all day. It comes in two main colors, Classic Black and Glam Black. I've tried both and now use the Glam Black version, it seems to give a wet-look style and really deep black color. I also only use the non-waterproof variety, there's nothing worse after a long day than spending forever trying to get your mascara off!


LIPSTICK: L'Oreal Color Riche Serum Lipstick in Radiant Rose. As a YSL Lipstick devotee, I admit I have spoiled myself with amazing lip color (I use this one in #13 Le Orange after reading it's Kourtney Kardashian's go-to color!). However, I stumbled across this L'Oreal lipstick one day and have been somewhat addicted ever since. It's the perfect pink color and ideal mix between lipstick and gloss - all the benefits of an amazing punch of color, combined with the comfortable moisturizing elements of a gloss!


BRONZER: Physicians Formula Rejuvenating Face Powder in Bordeaux Bronze. I've used many different bronzers and seem to be eternally searching for the perfect color. I adored this one and found it was so smooth, adding the perfect build-able finishing touch. This bronzer also has red and white wine extracts and is said to help fight visible signs of aging.


POWDER: L'Oreal Translucide Naturally Luminous Powder. I often use M.A.C Mineralize or Clinique Blended face powder, however I've found this L'Oreal one measures up really well (I'm using it at the moment). Can you tell I like a bright, dazzling complexion? This is another product that has light-reflecting, luminous characteristics and with the added benefit of Vitamin C (which I am obsessed with for skin), it not only looks good, but is good for you too!


Do you have some go-to makeup favorites that aren't crazy expensive?

It's been so great to be here today, thank you Paige! If you're looking for a daily dose of sparkle and inspiration, head over and say hello to me at Style Elixir! I adore chatting to my readers over email, Twitter or Instagram and would love to meet you!
 photo laurensig_zpsbd83072e.png

No comments :

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!